Yarnin' about Yarndi
Yarnin’ about Yarndi is a set of resources for use by workers in facilitating discussion with Aboriginal community members about cannabis use, how to stop, cut back or use more safely.
The 2013 edition of the Yarnin’ about Yarndi kit contains:
- A DVD in which community members talk about the effects of yarndi use and strategies that might help individuals stop, cut back, or use more safely. Other health professionals provide important physical and mental health information.
- A facilitators’ guide which explains how the DVD can be used, key points facilitators may explore and activity sheets designed to assist behaviour change.
- Ten workbooks for participants to record their thoughts or responses to take away with them.
- A CD with PDFs of all written materials so additional copies can be printed.
- Three message sticks – “Giving up” “Cutting back” “Using safer” designed to facilitate open conversations among participants.
- The “Tree of life” – This excerise is adapted from a technique used in narrative therapy which prioritises story telling.
Format: Manual, Booklets, Message Sticks, Blanket, DVD
Drug types: Cannabis